ALWAYS CALL 999 IN AN EMERGENCY!
Please make sure you get yourself to safety first and call the relevant emergency services as soon as possible. When it is safe to do so notify us of the incident by raising a ticket in this helpdesk.
Emergencies: Call 999
Call this number if:
- A crime is happening now
- Someone is injured
- You or someone else is in danger
- The person who has committed the offence is still there or is nearby
Reporting an emergency if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment
- By text phone (Typetalk) You can contact the police using Typetalk emergency line 18000.
- By SMS text message. You can also use the Emergency SMS (ESMS) service to send an emergency text message. Before you are able to send an emergency text message you will need to register your mobile phone with the system.
Examples of when you might call 101:
- "My property has been stolen from my driveway"
- "My car was vandalised last night"
- "My house was burgled whilst I was on holiday"
*Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles - no matter how long you're on the phone - police.uk
Reporting a non-emergency if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment
You can now contact the police through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.
NHS 111 is much more than a helpline – if you're worried about an urgent medical concern, you can call 111 to speak to a fully trained adviser.
Depending on the situation, the NHS 111 team can connect you to a nurse, emergency dentist or even a GP, and can arrange face-to-face appointments if they think you need one.
If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, you can use the NHS 111 service through a textphone by calling 18001 111.
An independent charity helping to find criminals and help solve crimes. Callers don't have to give their name or any personal information and calls cannot be traced. This means you won't need to appear in court or give a statement to the police.
t: 0800 555 111
A national charity that offers free and confidential support to victims and witnesses of crime.
t: 0845 3030 900